Thursday, March 14, 2013

Hooked by Liz Fichera

In this book, Fred is the only girl on the boys golf team.  The boys don't like Fred, especially this one boy named Ryan, whose best friend got kicked off to make room for Fred.  I thought that Fred was really passionate about golf and reminded me about how me and my friend Ashley act towards softball.  Not only can we be compared to Fred, but I think we can also be compared to Ryan.  I think this because Ashley and I can get a little competitive when it comes to new girls trying out for the team. 

One of my favorite characters was Fred's dad.  I liked Fred's dad because he was very supportive and trusting in his daughters decisions. 

I also liked Fred's older brother because the author set him up in a very mysterious way, revealing little by little about him, throughout the book. 

I think both Fred's dad and brother were very trusting in Fred.

1 comment:

  1. Alexa,
    This is a good blog post. I like how you connected to characters to your own life, and even to yourself.
    Good Job!

    ReplyDelete