Friday, May 3, 2013

Two Little Girls in Blue by Mary Higgins Clark *Contains Some Spoilers*

This week, I read a very intriguing book by Mary Higgins Clark.  It was about two telepathic twins that got kidnapped on there 3rd birthday and the kidnapper wants an 8 million dollar ransom.  Steve, the father, pays the ransom but only one child is returned and the kidnapper (still anonymous) said that the other twin has died tragically and is dumped into the ocean.  Since the twins are telepathetic, the twin reunited with her parents, Kelly, can feel that her sister, Kathy, is still alive and is very very scared. 

I thought that this was a very scary book but not in a gross way, it was almost like you were scared for Kathy's survival and wanted to know what happened.

Something I noticed was how Mary Higgins Clark made the twins so young but made them have such an important part in Kathy's survival.  For example, Kelly was getting the feeling that Kathy needed help and wasn't actually dead.  The problem was that only the mother believed her daughter.  Not even Steve or the police.  I can see how that makes sense because she is a 3 year old girl. 

Eventually, the FBI and the police and all of the official people, decided to listen to Kelly since Kathy has been gone for so long.  But, I'm not going to say what happens at the end because then it'll ruin the whole book.

All in all, I thought that Two Little Girls in Blue by Mary Higgins Clark was a great book that had the plot going until the end of the book.  I would recommend this to anyone who likes mysteries. 

No comments:

Post a Comment